SAP Process Orchestration
Understanding the different technical terms
SAP Process Orchestration is a combination of different tools – like a set of building blocks, including SAP-PI, enabling not just system integration but also business process management (SAP-BPM) , business rules management (SAP-BRM) and also including further technical components like the Composite Application Framework (supports creation of persistent data) or the Enterprise Content Management (used for document management).
Business Process Management means modelling, managing and monitoring of business processes based on industry standards and driven by best practices. Whereas business rules management covers the creation of business rules that can be implemented in any desired business process e.g. routings or mappings in SAP-PI can be enriched with additional data based on decision criteria.
Hot business topic these days: Migration from SAP-PI onto SAP-PO.
Very often SAP-PI is referred to as the heartbeat of a company. This appraisal results last but not least from the fact that PI as the data-hub got thoroughly implemented over the last couple of years, mostly working flawlessly and simply considered as something better not to touch as long as it is working properly. Nevertheless, we experience the trend that companies are seriously evaluating the added value of migrating onto Process Orchestration. Considering the wealth of additional functionality on the one side and the architectural improvements on the other side e.g. moving onto Java stack only is worth evaluating a move onto Process Orchestration.
The advantages migrating onto PO:
- Increased performance and simplified systems landscape due to move onto Java stack
- Java Gateway and Rest Adaptor boost integration with Fiori services and REST (Representational State Transfer) architecture
- Ready for Cloud as technology like iFlows used in PO is also used in the HANA Cloud integration
- Ready for HANA as dual stack will not be released for HANA
- B2B add on enables the use of B2B adapters and trading partner management opening the potential to get rid-off costly third-party adapters (e.g. EDI adapters)
- Up-to-date user experience leveraging Fiori and HTML5 user interfaces
- Improved usage as all tools are running on one technical platform, just one application server needs to be operated.
Our Services Offerings
- Technical consulting based on best practices and proven experience
- Design of integration and monitoring scenarios
- Installation and configuration of SAP Netweaver infrastructure
- Implementation of integration scenarios covering SAP and non-SAP systems
- Implementation of monitoring scenarios
- Development and implementation of mappings, routings and adapters
Application Management Support
- Run & Build SLA based support
- 7x24x365 global delivery capability
- Service Desk and 2nd and 3rd level support
- Standards such as ITIL and CMMi applied