SAP Process Integration (SAP-PI) is formerly known as SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP-XI), which is a software designed to enable communication between SAP and third-party systems. Communication between different IT-Systems is based on the ABAP/Java Stack and on the usage of so called Adapters.
SAP Process Orchestration is a combination of different tools – like a set of building blocks, including SAP-PI, enabling not just system integration but also business process management (SAP-BPM) , business rules management (SAP-BRM) and also including further technical components like the Composite Application Framework (supports creation of persistent data) or the Enterprise Content Management (used for document management).
Business Process Management
Business Process Management means modeling, managing and monitoring of business processes based on industry standards and driven by best practices. Whereas business rules management covers the creation of business rules that can be implemented in any desired business process e.g. routings or mappings in SAP-PI can be enriched with additional data based on decision criteria.
The successor of PI/PO is SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI) and part of the SAP HANA strategy The middleware within the SAP Cloud Platform integrates the cloud applications with cloud and on-premise tools, regardless if SAP or non-SAP systems. The new technology in the SAP world enables all applications to be connected to the core SAP system. But before taking the step towards CPI, an integration strategy should be developed based on your requirements and IT strategy.
Advantages of SAP Middleware
- Increased performance and simplified systems landscape
- Simplified system landscape leads to simplified monitoring & alerting
- Java Gateway and Rest Adaptor boost integration with Fiori services and REST (Representational State Transfer) architecture
- Ready for Cloud as technology like iFlows used in PO is also used in the HANA Cloud integration
- Ready for HANA as dual stack will not be released for HANA
- B2B add on enables the use of B2B adapters and trading partner management opening the potential to get rid-off costly third-party adapters (e.g. EDI adapters)
- Up-to-date user experience leveraging Fiori and HTML5 user interfaces
- Improved usage as all tools are running on one technical platform, just one application server needs to be operated.
- System Landscape simplification leads to cost reduction
- Reducing implementation time & cost
Our Services Offerings
- Technical consulting based on best practices and proven experience
- Design of integration and monitoring scenarios
- SAP CPI strategy and customizations
- Installation and configuration of SAP Netweaver infrastructure
- Implementation of integration scenarios covering SAP and non-SAP systems
- Implementation of monitoring scenarios
- Development and implementation of mappings, routings and adapters
- EDI interfaces using B2B Add-On
- Implementation SAP CPI with SAP and Non-SAP applications
Application Management Support
- Run & Build SLA based support
- 7x24x365 global delivery capability
- Service Desk and 2nd and 3rd level support
- Standards such as ITIL and CMMi applied
Smart Shore Development
Smart Shore Development by Lupus Consulting – the intelligent approach for software development offers a flexible team and a well-coordinated, scalable mix of onsite, nearshore and offshore work
SAP Basis Services
Supplementing the portfolio of development services Lupus Consulting offers a wide range of SAP basis services.
As a trusted advisor, we support our customers both in the development of a sustainable and future-proof strategy as well as in the hands-on work delivering the project step-by-step.
Directly contact us:
Contact Person: Holger Kosboth
Phone: +49-731 14 11 57 342
Mobile: +49-177 875 0 600