SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization
SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (SAP-APO) covers a great wealth of functionality when it comes to planning, scheduling and execution of logistic processes. SAP-APO is part of the SAP Supply Chain Management solution portfolio and helps to address business critical questions like “Is the company’s production capacity well used?”, “Is there any stock, which is not needed and just tying up capital?” or “How can we adapt our planning quickly in case of supply shortages?”.
Introspectively, APO provides a set of tools boosting strategic and operative planning and supports continuous optimization and measurement of the logistics network and processes. Outward facing APO supports collaboration with logistics business partners from order acceptance till delivery of goods.
The business benefits for companies having APO in practice are many and diverse. A better utilization of machinery and personnel leads, inter alia,
- Increase of production volumes with same amount of resources
- Reduction of throughput- and set-up times
- Reduction of inventories of semifinished products
- Reduction of safety stock
- Efficiency increase of schedulers daily work
APO put into context with SAP’s S/4 HANA product strategy
In the future APO will be succeeded by basically two products: SAP S/4 HANA and SAP Integrated Business Planning (see also OSS note 2456834). The four major building blocks within APO, namely Demand Planning (DP), Supply Network Planning (SNP), Global ATP (GATP) and Production Planning & Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS)” will be split up among S/4 HANA and IBP.
With the 1610 Release, Global ATP and Production Planning & Detailed Scheduling became part of S/4 HANA Enterprise. Whereas Demand Planning and Supply Network Planning became part of the Integrated Business Planning.
Our Services Offerings
- Technical consulting on business architecture
- Process optimization
- Design of Supply Chain Management strategy
- SAP SCM training incl. APO
- Design of cutover and transition strategy
- Installation and configuration of SAP SCM or S/4 HANA Enterprise landscape
- Integration with SAP-ERP and SAP-BI
- Implementation of DP, PP/DS, SNP and Gatp
- Development and implementation of custom developments
Application Management Support
- Run & Build SLA based support
- 7x24x365 global delivery capability
- Service Desk and 2nd and 3rd level support
- Standards such as ITIL and CMMi applied